The UD-1 is so simple that you’ll wonder why nobody has made racks like this before. Three different struts are available to attach to cantilever posts (canti version), mid-fork or dropouts eyelets (disc version).
Rene Herse UD-1 Disc Front Rack
$170.00 – $175.00
A superlight rack designed for bikes with disc brakes, but that also fits on many other bikes. The Rene Herse UD-1 rack is almost universally adjustable, yet elegant and strong. Made with ultra-strong, ultralight Cromoly tubing for the main rack platform and aluminum for the struts, this rack weighs just 221 g.
The UD-1 rack requires a hole in the fork crown and eyelets on the fork blades or dropouts. Cut the struts to size after you have figured out how to mount the rack. The struts are made from aluminum, so cutting them is easy.
Also available in a cantilever version that attaches to canti posts.
Light mount not included, available separately.
Made in Japan. 10 year warranty.
- Attaches to fork crown and fork braze-ons
- Requires dedicated braze-ons on fork blades or dropouts
- Platform: 170 mm x 120 m (Backstop: 48 mm)
- Maximum strut length (c-c):
- Standard: 240 mm
- Long: 420 mm
- Fender attachment at the front of the rack
- Suitable for many bikes, also with disc brakes
- Made by Nitto to Rene Herse Extralight specifications
- Platform made from Chromoly for strength and light weight, stays made from aluminum.
- 221 g (rack); 6 g (hardware)