Rene Herse Rinko Centerpull Brake, Direct Mount
$193.00 – $209.00
The Rinko version of our Rene Herse centerpull brakes. Both sides of the straddle cable can be unhooked to facilitate removing the handlebars and brake cables from the frame when packing the bike. The special straddle cable is supplied with one fixed end, and one end that must be silver-brazed onto the cable. This allows the builder to set the straddle cable to the desired height, for example, to clear a taillight brazed onto the seat tube.
Function and other features are the same as the standard Rene Herse centerpull brakes.
Sold individually, to give you a maximum of flexibility when spec’ing your bike. Requires Rene Herse centerpull braze-ons to mount the brake.
Each brake come with all required hardware, a straddle cable yoke, and Kool-Stop salmon-colored brake pads. Includes one set of standard and one set of angled washers to set toe-in.
Note: These brakes are intended for framebuilders, who can braze the straddle cable correctly. Please allow a few extra days for assembly and shipping of these brakes.
- Technical Specs
- Rinko Compatible
- Optimized for 42 mm wide tires and full fender clearance
- Braze-on mounting only
- Requires specific mounts
- Does not fit on cantilever mounts
- 129 g (titanium eyebolts; per wheel without braze-ons, pads)
- Steel eyebolts add 8 g (per wheel) plus 1.3 g (straddle cable yoke)
- Downloadable installation instructions
- Assembled in Seattle from parts made in Taiwan and USA
- 10 year warranty