Rene Herse Double Crank
Where beauty meets performance. Rene Herse cranks are a modern classic. Thanks to their smart design and net-shape forging, they are among the lightest cranks available today, while offering a great choice of chainrings: from 52 to 24 teeth. Whether you want a classic racing double or ultra-compact cranks to match your pedaling style, Rene Herse cranks are available with the chainring combination you need.
Rene Herse cranks are designed for 5- to 9-speed systems. They are compatible with 10-speed systems when using a Shimano Ultegra chain, but we recommend our 9- to 12-speed cranks for optimum shifting performance with modern drivetrains.
Recommended bottom brackets:
- SKF JIS 107 mm for chainline on the big ring and ultra-narrow Q factor
- SKF JIS 110 mm for standard chainline
Rene Herse crank bolts and pedal washers are included. Cranks are custom-assembled based on your order. Please allow 7-10 days until your order can ship.
Choose your chainring combination:
Outer Chainring (teeth)
52 50 48 46 44 42
Inner Ring (teeth)
44 42 38 36 34 33 32 30 28 26 24
- Technical Specs
- Bottom bracket: 110-113 mm, JIS taper for standard chainline
- Lengths: 165, 171, 177 mm
- Arms only (165 mm): 372 g
- Complete (165 mm; 42/26): 498 g
- Complete (165 mm, 46/30): 522 g
- (171 mm): + 6 g.
- (177 mm): + 38 g (177 mm arms are thicker for added strength).
- Narrow Q factor: 142 mm
- Compatible with most drivetrains (up to 10-speed)
- Net-shape forged 2014 arms for high strength
- CNC-machined 7075 chainrings for long wear
- Meets EN 'Racing Bike' standard for fatigue resistance
- Assembled in Seattle from parts made in Taiwan and USA
- 10 year warranty
- Click here for instructions for Rene Herse Cranks, SKF Bottom Brackets, and our chart for using the two together.