- CrMo steel
- Down and seat tube sockets: 28.6 mm
- Chainstay sockets: 22.2 mm round
- BSC threading
- 203 g
Sample Sale: Rene Herse Bottom Bracket Shell, Standard
- Thicker walls between BB threads than production model
- Weighs a bit more, otherwise identical.
- Full warranty, but NO RETURNS, please.
A bottom bracket shell specifically designed for wide tires. The chainstay sockets angle outward at a greater angle (10°) to accommodate curved chainstays. This provides extra tire clearance. It’s the secret for using wide tires with road cranks.
Designed for standard-diameter tubes and with enough material to carve and match your preferred lug shape, the Rene Herse bottom bracket shell combines light weight with versatility. Also available for oversized down tubes.
Designed for use with Kaisei curved chainstays.
Made in Taiwan.