Weinmann and Dia-Compe brakes require special springs for direct mount pivots. (These are not included with the pivots.) For Rene Herse/Compass and Mafac brakes, the original springs work with braze-on pivots.
Rene Herse Direct Mount Centerpull Pivots
Centerpull brakes offer excellent brake power and modulation even in long-reach versions. Direct mount brakes, with the pivots brazed to the frame, eliminate the pivot support arch. This reduces the weight, improves the brake’s performance, and makes it more elegant.
Rene Herse centerpull pivots are available pre-mitered for front and rear, as well as un-mitered (universal). The spring holder slides onto the boss and is brazed on. This creates a seamless, elegant appearance.
Available in CrMo (all styles) and stainless steel (universal only).
Sold in sets of two, which is enough for one brake.
Made in Taiwan.
- Pre-mitered for front or rear, or un-mitered (universal)
- CrMo or stainless steel (universal model only)
- For Rene Herse and Compass centerpull brakes
- For all classic centerpull brakes (Mafac, Weinmann, Dia-Compe, Zeus ...)
- Not for Paul brakes or cantilever brakes (use cantilever braze-ons)
- Front is mitered for Rene Herse/Compass brakes and Kaisei 'TOEI Special' fork blades
- Rear is mitered 3 mm off-center