Rene Herse x Kaisei Tubeset, Oversize
$199.00 – $219.00
Ultimate performance for tall, heavy and/or very strong riders. Oversize tubes with ultra-thin 0.7-0.4-0.7 mm walls give the frame stiffness without detracting from its lively feel. The down tube has 0.7-0.5-0.7 mm walls for greater resistance to dents. The main tubes are heat treated for ultimate strength and durability.
Kaisei makes the best steel tubing in the world, widely respected for its consistent quality and perfect roundness. Long reserved for the track bikes of Japan’s Keirin professionals (who race on steel bikes), Rene Herse offers Kaisei tubing in custom-drawn dimensions for modern allroad and randonneur bikes.
Each set includes:
- Oversize top tube: ø 28.6 mm, long or short thinwall “belly”
- Oversize down tube: ø 31.8 mm, long or short thinwall “belly”
- Seat tube: 28.6 mm diameter, for 27.2 mm seatpost, standard or long thinwall “belly”
- Head tube: standard or OS
- Seatstays: single taper
- Chainstays: 22.2 mm round, 0.7, 0.8, or 1.0 mm wall thickness, straight or curved (+$20)
- Technical Specs
- Custom drawn to our specifications
- Main tubes are heat-treated for ultimate strength and durability
- Made in Japan
- Read more about ride characteristics of our three Rene Herse x Kaisei tubesets: