Rene Herse x Kaisei Tubeset, Superlight
$195.00 – $215.00
A superlight tubeset for the ultimate performance bikes. Standard-diameter tubes in ultra-thin 0.7-0.4-0.7 mm walls not only reduce a frame’s weight. They also optimize the flex characteristics for many riders, allowing them to put out more power without the frame ‘pushing back’ against their pedal strokes. The main tubes are heat treated for ultimate strength and durability.
Kaisei makes the best steel tubing in the world, widely respected for its consistent quality and perfect roundness. Long reserved for the track bikes of Japan’s Keirin professionals (who race on steel bikes), Rene Herse offers Kaisei tubing in custom-drawn dimensions for modern allroad and randonneur bikes.
Each set includes:
- Standard-diameter top tube: ø 25.4 mm, long or short
- Standard-diameter down tube: ø 28.6 mm, long or short
- Seat tube: 28.6 mm diameter, for 27.2 mm seatpost, standard or long
- Head tube: standard or OS
- Seatstays: single taper
- Chainstays: 22.2 mm round, 0.7 or 0.8 mm wall thickness, straight or curved (+$20)
- Technical Specs
- Custom drawn to our specifications
- Main tubes are heat-treated for ultimate strength and durability
- Made in Japan
- Read more about ride characteristics of our three Rene Herse x Kaisei tubesets: