Autumn 2011 Bicycle QuarterlyJan Heine
The Autumn issue of Bicycle Quarterly is at the printer. It will be mailed next week. On 72 pages, we cover a variety of topics, including:
- High-wheeler racing in New Zealand today.
- Test of the Calfee “Adventure” – a carbon fiber bicycle for the real world.
- Braking: We test how it’s done best, and compare a few interesting brakes (Sram Force, Eebrake, Velo-Orange Gran Cru).
- Many remember George Retseck’s illustrations from old Bridgestone catalogues. We talk to the man and show some rarely seen artwork.
- A daytrip across the Yorkshire Dales immerses you into the landscape, culture and history of this beautiful region.
- Our editor’s ultimate custom bicycle. How he designed it, and how it was built.
Click here for more details and photos from the Autumn 2011 Bicycle Quarterly. If you are not a current subscribers, sign up or renew today to make sure that the Autumn issue reaches you without delay.