Rene Herse Front Cable Hanger
$59.00 – $65.00
Every brake system is only as strong as its weakest link, and often that is the cable hanger. When you brake hard, the hanger flexes. That means less braking force is available to squeeze the rim – your brake is lacking in stopping power and feel. To solve this problem, we designed the Rene Herse Front Cable Hanger using Finite Element Analysis to optimize stiffness and light weight.
The Front Cable Hanger fits into 1″ headsets. It replaces 5 mm of washers/spacers. The hanger is available for standard grooved fork steerers or for steerers with a flat rear surface. (The flat surface prevents the headset from loosening.) Choose between a simple ferrule or a barrel adjuster. The ferrule doesn’t flex and provides more brake power and better feel, plus it is slotted for easy removal of the brake cable during Rinko. The barrel adjuster simplifies setting up your brake (available for grooved steerer only).
Pro Tip: Strip the plastic outer layer from end of the cable housing when using the simple ferrule for a flex-free metal-on-metal contact. With the barrel adjuster, use a ferrule on the housing end to facilitate turning the adjuster. If the tab on the cable hanger is too large for the groove in your steerer tube (each builder cuts the groove a bit differently), it’s easy to file the tab a bit shorter.
- Technical Specs
- Fits in place of a headset spacer
- For 25.4 mm (1") diameter fork steerers
- Replaces 5 mm headset spacer
- Drop (from top of upper headset cup): 34 mm
- Vertical portion clears 45 mm diameter headset cup
- Available for grooved fork steerers (standard) or steerers with flat rear surface
- Choice of ferrule or barrel adjuster (for grooved steerer only)
- High-strength aluminum (hanger), brass (ferrule and barrel adjuster)
- Weight: 15 g (with ferrule); 17 g (with barrel adjuster)
- Made in Taiwan