Rene Herse Tandem Double Crank
Rene Herse tandem cranks are made to the same ultra-high specifications as our single-bike cranks. Thanks to their smart design and net-shape forging, they are among the lightest cranks available today, while offering a great choice of chainrings: from 52 to 24 teeth. Whether you want a classic racing double or ultra-compact cranks to match your pedaling style, Rene Herse cranks are available with the chainring combination you need.
Rene Herse with standard rings are compatible with 5- to 9-speed systems. For 9/10/11-speed drivetrains, choose our ramped-and-pinned 11-speed chainrings.
Rene Herse crank bolts and pedal washers are included. Choose your chainring combination:
Outer Chainring (teeth)
(5–9 speed compatible)
52 50 48 46 44 42
(9/10/11 speed compatible)
48/33 46/30 44/28 42/26
Inner Ring (teeth)
44 42 38 36 34 33 32 30 28 26 24
Tandem Left-Side (teeth)
Crank length: Arm pair with chainrings on both sides is ‘drive arms’; the other set (right crank without chainring) is ‘connecting arms.’
Important! Please don’t place an order with out-of-stock chainrings, even though our system allows this. (We’d have to cancel and refund your order minus 5-7% credit card/Paypal fees.) We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Technical Specs
- Bottom bracket (drive arms): 113 mm, JIS taper
- Bottom bracket (connecting arms): length see frame specs, JIS taper
- Low tread/ Q factor: 142 mm (double, drive arms)
- Length: 165, 171, 177 mm
- Weight: 540 g (double 171 mm), varies with chainring sizes
- Forged 2014 arms for high strength
- CNC-machined 7075 chainrings for long wear
- Meets EN 'Racing Bike' standard for fatigue resistance
- Assembled in Seattle from parts made in Taiwan and USA
- 10 year warranty
- Click here for instructions for René Herse Cranks, SKF Bottom Brackets, and our chart for using the two together.