Rene Herse Tandem Triple Crank
Rene Herse tandem cranks are made to the same ultra-high specifications as our single-bike cranks. Thanks to their smart design and net-shape forging, they are among the lightest cranks available today, while offering a great choice of chainrings: from 52 to 24 teeth.
Rene Herse cranks are compatible with modern 10-speed drivetrains, as well as classic 5- to 9-speed systems. (See Technical Specs for details.)
Rene Herse crank bolts and pedal washers are included. The large choice of chainrings allow you to fine-tune your gearing to your riding style:
Outer Chainring (teeth)
52 50 48 46 44 42
Middle and Inner Rings (teeth)
44 42 38 36 34 33 32 30 28 26 24
Tandem Left-Side (teeth)
Crank length: Arm pair with triple chainrings is ‘drive arms’; the other set (right crank without chainring) are ‘connecting arms.’
We recommend SKF bottom brackets (JIS spindle) for Rene Herse cranks.
- Technical Specs
- Bottom bracket (drive arms): 121 mm, JIS taper
- Bottom bracket (connecting arms): length see frame specs, JIS taper
- Narrow Q factor: 153 mm (drive cranks)
- Length: 165, 171, 177 mm
- Forged 2014 arms for high strength
- CNC-machined 7075 chainrings for long wear
- Meets EN 'Racing Bike' standard for fatigue resistance
- Compatible with most drivetrains (up to 10-speed)
- Important: not compatible with Shimano STI or Campagnolo Ergopower shifters.
- Compatible with downtube or bar-end shifters. (If you want to use STI or Ergopower, use Rene Herse double tandem cranks.)
- Important: use "double" front derailleur with a smooth cage. Triple front derailleurs have stepped cages that work only with specific chainring combinations.
- Assembled in Seattle from parts made in Taiwan and USA
- 10 year warranty
- Click here for instructions for Rene Herse Cranks, SKF Bottom Brackets, and our chart for using the two together.