- Bottom bracket: 118-121 mm, JIS taper
- Length: 165, 171, 177 mm
- Weight: 595 g (triple 171 mm), varies with chainring sizes
- Narrow Q factor: 153 mm (triple)
- Forged 2014 arms for high strength
- CNC-machined 7075 chainrings for long wear
- Meets EN 'Racing Bike' standard for fatigue resistance
- Compatible with most drivetrains (up to 10-speed)
- Important: not compatible with Shimano STI or Campagnolo Ergopower shifters.
- Compatible with downtube or bar-end shifters. (If you want to use STI or Ergopower, use Rene Herse double cranks.)
- Important: use "double" front derailleur with a smooth cage. Triple front derailleurs have stepped cages that work only with specific chainring combinations.
- Assembled in Seattle from parts made in Taiwan and USA
- 10 year warranty
- Click here for instructions for Rene Herse Cranks, SKF Bottom Brackets, and our chart for using the two together.
Rene Herse Triple Crank
Rene Herse cranks are a modern classic. They are one of the lightest triple cranks, while offering a choice of chainrings from 52 to 24 teeth. Rene Herse cranks are designed for 5- to 9-speed systems, but they also can be used with modern 10-speed drivetrains if a Shimano Ultegra chain is used. Note that unlike our double cranks, the triple cranks are not compatible with STI and Ergopower triple derailleurs. (See this blog post for details.)
Rene Herse crank bolts and pedal washers are included. The large choice of chainrings allows you to fine-tune your gearing to your riding style:
Outer Chainring (teeth)
52 50 48 46 44 42
Middle/Inner Rings (teeth)
44 42 38 36 34 33 32 30 28 26 24
We recommend SKF JIS 121 mm bottom brackets for Rene Herse triple cranks.
Rene Herse crank bolts and pedal washers are included.