26″ x 2.3″ Rat Trap Pass TC Tire
$76.00 – $90.00
The ultimate expression of our all-road tires – perfect for a new custom bike or to convert your old mountain bike into a competent all-road bike. The 54-mm Rat Trap Pass is incredibly plush, yet thanks to the smaller 26″ wheel size, your bike will be nimble like a good road bike.
We name our tires after the passes in the Cascade Mountains that inspire them: Rat Trap Pass bridges the gap between the mighty Suiattle and White Chuck Rivers. It’s a road that is rough in places and smooth in others, and the extra volume increases your confidence and speed. On pavement, the grip of the Rat Trap Pass is incredible – think race car with ultra-wide tires.
The Standard casing is our more affordable option: comfortable and fast, yet also strong to withstand considerable abuse. The Extralight casing takes the performance, comfort and feel of your bike to an entirely new level. The Endurance casing is reinforced for extra sidewall protection and puncture resistance, while retaining the speed and comfort for which Rene Herse tires are famous.
Made in Japan.
- Technical Specs
- Clincher, folding bead
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Actual width on 20 mm rim (internal): approx. 52 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 53 mm
- Extralight casing: +1 mm width
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended rim: 17 - 39 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)
- Supple casing
- Tan sidewalls
- 454 g
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing
- Black or tan sidewalls
- 418 g
- The same ultra-fine threads as our Extralight casing, but in a denser, stronger weave
- Protective belt under sidewalls and tread
- Ideal for rough gravel and tough conditions
- Dark tan sidewalls
- 500 g