650B x 42 Babyshoe Pass TC Tire
$74.00 – $90.00
Our most iconic 650B tire has a perfect balance of on-pavement grip and off-pavement volume. Babyshoe Pass is remote pass nestled between the great volcanoes of Loowit (Mount St. Helens) and Klickitat (Mount Adams). It provides a back-door way from Seattle to Portland, avoiding the crowded Puget Lowland.
These tires roll as fast as racing tires on the paved lower sections of the climb, yet float over the gravel on the higher parts. They are surefooted on the descent to Trout Lake, where you can enjoy the famous huckleberry shakes at the local food spot.
The supple casing of Rene Herse all-road tires rolls smoothly over surface irregularities. The tread pattern interlocks with the road surface for superior cornering grip, wet or dry. The tread has enough thickness in the center to last thousands of miles, but it’s thin and supple on the shoulders where it doesn’t wear.
The Standard casing is our more affordable option: comfortable and fast, yet also strong to withstand considerable abuse. The Extralight casing takes the performance, comfort and feel of your bike to an entirely new level. The Endurance casing is reinforced for extra sidewall protection and puncture resistance, while retaining the speed and comfort for which Rene Herse tires are famous.
Made in Japan.
- Technical Specs
- Clincher, folding bead
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 60 psi (4.1 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 60 psi (4.1 bar)
- Actual width on 20 mm rim (internal): approx. 40 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 41 mm
- Extralight casing: +1 mm width
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended rim: 17 - 31 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)
- Supple casing
- Tan sidewalls
- 410 g
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing.
- Black or tan sidewalls.
- 373 g
- The same ultra-fine threads as our Extralight casing, but in a denser, stronger weave
- Protective belt under sidewalls and tread
- Ideal for rough gravel and tough conditions
- Dark tan sidewalls
- 410 g
You may also like…
SON Edelux II Headlight, Standing$230.00 – $263.00
Rene Herse Double Crank$475.00
Rene Herse Tandem Double Crank$800.00
Berthoud Open Saddles$279.00 – $345.00
700C x 32 Stampede Pass Tire$70.00 – $86.00
26″ x 2.3″ Rat Trap Pass TC Tire$78.00 – $92.00
650B x 48 Switchback Hill TC Tire$78.00 – $92.00
Tubes for 650B and 26″ Tires$8.00 – $14.00