Rene Herse UD-1 Disc Front Rack
$189.00 – $199.00
A superlight rack designed for bikes with disc brakes, but that also fits on many other bikes. The Rene Herse UD-1 rack is almost universally adjustable, yet elegant and strong. Made with ultra-strong, ultralight Cromoly tubing for the main rack platform and aluminum for the struts, this rack weighs just 221 g.
The modular UD rack system is so simple that you’ll wonder why nobody has made racks like this before. Different struts are available to attach to cantilever posts (canti version), mid-fork or dropouts eyelets (disc version). The struts attach to the inside of the tabs, making the rack much more elegant than similar racks where the struts attach to the outside.
The UD-1 rack requires a 6 mm hole all the way through the fork crown and eyelets on the fork blades or dropouts. Cut the struts to size after you have figured out how to mount the rack. The struts are made from aluminum, so cutting them is easy. If you aren’t sure, order the long ones.
Pro Tip: The struts are available separately, so you can move the rack from one bike to the next.
Scroll down for complete specs.
- Technical Specs
- Attaches to fork crown and fork braze-ons
- Requires 6 mm hole all the way through the fork crown.
- Fork crown bolt is 40 mm long. If crown is thicker than 35 mm, use a recessed nut (for brakes)
- Requires dedicated braze-ons on fork blades or dropouts
- Platform: 170 mm x 120 m (Backstop: 48 mm)
- Strut length (c-c; shorten to fit your bike):
- Standard: 240 mm for eyelets in the top third of the fork
- Long: 420 mm for mid-fork or dropout eyelets
- Fender attachment at the front of the rack
- Suitable for many bikes, also with disc brakes
- Platform made from Cromoly tubing
- Aluminum stays
- 221 g (rack); 6 g (hardware)
- Load limit: depends on terrain, riding style, tire size and pressure. Tested to 10 kg (22 lb) on a lab 'torture' machine and in the field.
- Made in Japan
- M6 nut for fork crown mount
- Nut with built-in washer and leather washer for fender mount