Rene Herse Smooth Fenders 650B for 48-60 mm tires (H98 650B)
$195.00 – $210.00
A fender specially designed for ultra-wide 650B all-road tires. This fender fits perfectly over tires like the Rene Herse Switchback Hill and Juniper Hill 650B x 48s. At 75 mm wide, this fender works well with mountain bike and One-By drivetrains with a wider chainline. For use with road drivetrains, you can either indent the fender or choose the narrower H80-XL fender (with the same radius, but less coverage on the sides of the tire).
The H98 fender is made from thicker aluminum for extra strength, so it’s well-suited for bikes with knobby tires, which can pick up sticks and rocks that risk collapsing less-strong fenders. (Of course, no fenders are totally fool-proof – always use good judgment and caution when riding off-pavement.)
Aluminum fenders keep you drier and your bike cleaner. The uninterrupted inside profile and rolled edges prevent water from coming out on the sides of the fenders. Rene Herse fenders are made to our specifications by Honjo in Japan, with longer blades for better coverage to keep your feet and drivetrain drier and cleaner. Special Rene Herse mounting hardware (included) ensures a rattle-free, secure attachment. Detailed, illustrated instructions guide you through the installation process.
Also available with tubular fender stays that save 35 g without a loss in strength.
Pro Tip: Not sure which fender size is correct for your bike? Click here for our recommendations.
- Technical Specs
- 75 mm wide
- 602 g (with tubular stays and all hardware)
- Front wheel coverage: 95 cm, 140°
- Rear wheel coverage: 130 cm, 195°
- Fender blades can be shortened, if desired
- Rolled edges keep water inside
- Stiff aluminum construction is rattle-free
- Made in Japan
- Rene Herse fenders include everything you need to direct-mounting the fenders:
- 2 fender blades (front + rear)
- 2 stays
- 2 leather washers to go between frame and fender
- 4 extra-short 7 mm Rene Herse eyebolts (Daruma) to attach fenders to stays
- 1 eyebolt (Daruma) to attach fender to fork crown
- 4 R-clamps (to attach stays to threaded eyelets)
- Detailed, illustrated mounting instructions
You may also like…
Honjo Rear Fender Reinforcement$29.00 – $36.00
Rene Herse Smooth Fenders 700C for 38-44 mm tires (H80 700C)$149.00 – $203.00
Rene Herse Hammered Fenders 700C for 35-38 mm tires (H50)$169.00 – $214.00
Rene Herse Fender BLADES ONLY$95.00 – $150.00
Honjo Sliding Bracket$11.00