Rene Herse x Kaisei ROUND Fork Blades
For bikes with cantilever brakes and ultra-wide tires, we offer the ‘TOEI Special’ fork blades in a round version. This optimizes the resistance to twisting under hard braking. The Rene Herse bikes ridden in the Oregon Outback, Unbound XL, Dark Divide 300 and the Arkansas High Country Race use these blades.
These fork blades are made in small runs only for Rene Herse, so the cost is relatively high. Very limited quantities.
Pro Tip: The 23 mm diameter of these blades does not fit most available fork crowns. The best option is to make a twin-plate fork crown from steel plate.
Read more about these fork blades in the RH Journal.
- Technical Specs
- CrMo steel
- Slender lower section for best shock absorption
- Small-diameter lower section is easy to rake
- Round cross-section for improved resistance to twisting with cantilever brakes
- Diameter at top: OD 23 mm
- Diameter at tip: OD 13 mm; ID 11 mm
- Length: 430 mm
- Weight: 177 g (each)
- Made in Japan