Rene Herse One-By Crank
Rene Herse cranks are ideal for one-by setups: Light, strong and easy to dial in. The one-by chainrings have alternating ‘thick/thin’ teeth that have been optimized to mesh perfectly with the chain. The chain won’t derail and fall off even with the extreme chain angles of 12-speed drivetrains.
We offer a choice of crankarms: If you’ll only ever want to run a single chainring, our single-specific crankarms are the lightest and most elegant. Or choose our convertible crankarms that use a custom-machined spacer on the chainring tab – that way, it’s easy to install a second (and even third) chainring in the future.
Rene Herse crank bolts and pedal washers are included. Cranks are custom-assembled based on your order. Please allow 7-10 days until your order can ship.
Pro Tip: For 12-speed drivetrains, we recommend the SRAM flat-top chains for Rene Herse one-by cranks. For 11- or fewer speeds, most chains work well. We recommend SKF JIS bottom brackets.
- Technical Specs
- Bottom bracket:
- JIS taper
- for 45 mm chainline (most bikes): 113 mm spindle (SKF 110 mm)
- for 47 mm chainline (to clear extra-wide chainstays): 116 mm spindle (SKF 113 mm)
- Narrow Q factor: 139 - 145 mm (depending on spindle length)
- Length: 165, 171, 177 mm
- Arms only (165 mm): 372 g
- Complete crankset (171 mm, 40-tooth chainring): 476 g
- Forged 2014 arms for high strength
- CNC-machined 7075 chainrings for long wear
- Meets EN “Racing Bike” standard for fatigue resistance
- Assembled in Seattle from parts made in Taiwan and USA
- 10 year warranty