Rene Herse M-13 Narrow Front Rack for Cantilever Brakes
Equip your bike with one of the lightest, most elegant racks ever made. The Rene Herse M-13 rack fits on many bikes with cantilever brakes.
Inspired by the racks that equipped classic Rene Herse bikes, the M-13 rack is made by Nitto exclusively for Rene Herse Cycles. The rack is fillet-brazed from superlight and super-strong Cromoly steel tubing, with a plated finish for durability. The elegant tabs for mounting the rack to the cantilever bosses are brazed into the ends of the rack support tubes, like dropouts on a classic bicycle frame. At 180 g, the M-13 Extralight is one of the lightest racks available today.
The narrow version fits bikes with tires up to 32 mm wide and moderate clearances between fork crown and tire.
Made in Japan. 10 year warranty.
- Technical Specs
To determine which racks fits your bike, measure the distance from the fork crown to the cantilever bosses. Note that the rack fit can be adjusted slightly by carefully bending the diagonal supports.
The racks are supplied with custom bolts that provide secure attachment:
- 2x M6 bolts for mounting to cantilever post with smaller-diameter M5 forward extension to hold the rack securely
- 2x M5 domed nuts
- M6 nut for fork crown mount
- Nut with built-in washer for fender mount
- Optional light mount on left side.
- Light mounting bolt and hardware included with racks featuring integrated light mount.
- Made by Nitto in Japan to Rene Herse Extralight specifications
- Cromoly steel tubing, chrome-plated for durability
- Attaches to fork crown and cantilever brake pivots.
- Custom hardware for secure attachment.
- Platform: 165 mm x 90 mm (Backstop: 48 mm)
- 70 mm between cantilever bosses, 95 mm from fork crown
- 180 g (rack with light mount); 23 g (hardware)